March Madness is here and that means some changes for Channel 7 viewers while games are aired on CBS.
What newscasts will be pre-empted?
- There will be no noon newscast on Channel 7.1 from Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20 due to first round games.
- The 11 p.m. newscasts on Thursday and Friday, March 17-18, will be pushed back to begin at midnight or later, depending on game overtime.
- There will be 11:30 p.m. live newscasts Thursday and Friday, March 17-18 on MeTV Channel 7.2.
- There will be no 6 p.m. newscast Saturday or Sunday, March 19-20, as well as next Saturday, March 26.
What NCAA games will be airing on Channel 7?
- 12:15 p.m. Thursday, March 17, Duke vs. North Carolina Wilmington
- After conclusion of first game, Baylor vs. Yale
- 7:10 p.m. Thursday, March 17 , Indiana vs. Chattanooga
- After conclusion of third game, Kentucky vs. Stony Brook
- 12:15 p.m. Friday, March 18, Dayton vs. Syracuse
- After conclusion of first game, Michigan State vs. Middle Tennessee State
- 7:10 p.m. Friday, March 18, West Virginia vs. Stephen F. Austin
- After conclusion of third game, Notre Dame vs. Michigan
Local stations do not get to select games to carry. Tournament coverage is assigned to stations by the networks and NCAA.
What shows will be pre-empted?
- CBS is not airing its regular prime-time lineup Thursday or Friday, March 17-18, and March 24-25. But no story lines will be missed due to the NCAA coverage, as CBS will pick back up with the Thursday and Friday prime shows on March 31-April 1.
- CBS is not airing the soaps or regular daytime programming Thursday or Friday, March 17-18. The soaps are going to pick up again next week right where they left off yesterday, so no story lines will be missed.
- Ellen will be back next week at the regularly scheduled time.
- Wheel and ET will return Monday.