If you find a dumpster is full, please call the phone number on the side of the dumpster and report it to the recycling center.
• Kittyhawk, BX/Commissary parking lot;
• Bldg. 1, north side parking lot;
• Bldg. 1435 parking lot;
• Bldg. 22 south side parking lot;
• Bldg. 559 east side parking lot;
• Bldg. 52 parking lot east side;
• Air Force Institute of Technology parking lot northeast side of Bldg. 641;
• Bldg. 838 north parking lot.
All pods have cardboard, mixed paper and plastics containers (glass beverage containers and aluminum cans go in the plastics container).
The recycling center also has a full-service metals yard that takes scrap metal and improves it by separating ferrous and non-ferrous materials to get the maximum price for those commodities.
“You make your best annual returns from ferrous and non-ferrous metal, corrugated cardboard and bond paper.” said Dalton. “We recycled over 1,938 tons of materials last year.”
That’s tons of material that is recycled each year being reused, generating income and keeping the base and planet greener and cleaner approaching Earth Day, April 22, Dalton said.
Recyclable items can also be dropped off at the recycling center during business hours Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. or the 24/7 drop-off area behind the recycling center.
For more information on how your organization can recycle, call Dalton at 257-5060.