Monday was the first day Division I men’s college basketball coaches could contact members of the 2022 recruiting class directly.
It started a busy week for the Dayton Flyers coaching staff. Here’s a rundown of players Dayton has contacted through Friday, according to various recruiting analysts.
• Shawn Phillips Jr.: The 6-foot-10 center from Belmont heard from Dayton on Monday and earned a scholarship offer from N.C. State, according to Andrew Slater. Phillips ranks 44th in the class of 2022, according to Rivals.com. He received an offer from Indiana in April and previously received offers from Auburn, Xavier and others.
• Jacob Conner: The 6-7 guard from Alter, who sat behind the bench for a game at UD Arena last season, heard from Dayton, Wright State, Xavier and others, according to Jacob Polacheck, of ZagsBlog.com.
• Paul McMillan IV: Dayton was among the schools to contact McMillan, according to Jake Weingarten, of Stockrisers.com. McMillan, a 6-1 point guard from Cincinnati Woodward, received a scholarship offer from Dayton in October. He ranks 47th in the 2022 class, according to 247Sports.com. Georgetown and Kansas State are the latest schools to offer him a scholarship.
» ARCHDEACON: A virtual celebration of Dayton football
• Fray Nguimbi: Dayton, South Florida, Seton Hall and Florida were among the schools to talk to the 6-8 forward from West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Fla., according to Russ Wood, of Rivals.com. Dayton offered Nguimbi, a native of the Congo, a scholarship earlier this month.
• Mason Manning: A 6-1 point guard from First Love Christian Academy (Pa.), he heard from Dayton, Ohio State, Cincinnati and many other schools, according to a report by Jamie Shaw. He’s a three-star recruit who ranks 86th in the 2022 class, according to 247Sports.com.
• Mark Armstrong: The 6-4 guard from St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City, N.J. heard from Dayton, he reported on Twitter. He has scholarship offers from Virginia Commonwealth, Illinois, Seton Hall and others.
» WOMEN’S BASKETBALL: Archdeacon on JaVonna Layfield joining protests in Louisville
• Jaden Schutt: The 6-5 guard from Yorkville, Ill., was contacted by Dayton, according to Endless Motor Sports. He ranks 144th in the 2022 class, according to Rivals.com, and has offers from Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska and others.
• Ty Rodgers: Dayton contacted the 6-4 forward from Grand Blanc Community High School, according to a report on Twitter by his high school program. He heard from Ohio State, Michigan State and Cincinnati among others. He’s a four-star recruit who ranks 67th in the 247Sports.com composite rankings.
• Robert Cowherd: The 6-4 guard from Alpharetta, Ga., heard from Dayton, Michigan State, Ohio State and others, according to Jake Weingarten, of Stockrisers.com. He ranks 75th in the 2022 class, according to Rivals.com.
• Dillon Hunter: The 6-3 point guard from Westlake High School in Atlanta, Ga., heard from Dayton, Georgia, Ohio State and others, according to Jacob Polacheck, of ZagsBlog.com. Rivals.com ranks him 33rd in the 2022 class.
• Enkhiin-Od “Michael” Sharavjamts: The 6-7 forward from Prolific Prep (Ca.) and a native of Mongolia, heard from Dayton, according to Polacheck.
» UD BASEBALL: Two Flyers back in action
• Kaleb Walters: Dayton was among the schools to contact the 6-3 guard from Westminster Academy (Fla.), according to Russ Wood, of Rivals.com.
• Javon Bennett: The 5-10 guard from Trinity Prep (Fla.) heard from Dayton, Stetson and Florida Gulf Coast, according to former Trinity Prep coach Tony DiGiovanni.
• Josiah Harris: The 6-5 forward from Richmond Heights High School in Cleveland, heard from Dayton, Ohio State, Xavier and others, according to Polacheck.
• A.J. Clayton: The 6-7 forward from Philo High School near Zanesville heard from Dayton, Ohio State and others, Polacheck reported, and received a scholarship offer from Saint Joseph’s.
» UD FEATURE: Longtime SID honored
• Avery Brown: The 6-3 point guard from Northfield, Mass., heard from Dayton, Ohio State, Georgia and others, according to Dushawn London, of 247Sports.com. He’s a four-star recruit who ranks 80th in the 2022 class.
• Seth Hubbard: The 6-1 guard from St. Francis High School in Alpharetta, Ga., heard from Dayton, according to Tai Young, of HoopSeen.com.
• Jayden Pierre: The 6-2 guard from Elizabeth, N.J., heard from Dayton, Florida, Rhode Island and others, he reported on Twitter.
• Tarris Reed: The 6-8 center from Chaminade High School in St. Louis, Mo., heard from Dayton and Michigan State on Thursday, according to Reese Holliday. He’s a four-star recruit who ranks 69th in the 247Sports.com composite rankings.
• Aaron Clark: The 6-5 forward from Easton Area High School (Pa.) has heard from Dayton, St. John’s, Kansas State and others, according to Polacheck.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.