Here’s the list of other UD players and the date of their debuts. The first two players on the list played for UD when it was known as St. Mary’s College:
• Biff Schlitzer (1908-14): April 17, 1908, with Philadelphia Athletics.
• Pat Hilly (1906-13): May 7, 1914, with Philadelphia Phillies.
• Gary Roggenburk (1959-62): April 20, 1963, with Minnesota Twins.
• Jerry Blevins (2007-17): Sept. 16, 2007, with Oakland A's.
• Craig Stammen (2009-17): May 21, 2009, with Washington Nationals.
This is the first time UD has had three players in the big leagues at the same time. Stammen, who had not pitched in the majors since April 2015, has two scoreless relief appearances for the San Diego Padres. Blevins has three scoreless relief appearances for the New York Mets.