At midnight on June 15, college basketball coaches could make their first calls to 2019 recruits. Dayton Flyers coach Anthony Grant and his assistants wasted little time, contacting a number of players about to enter their junior seasons.
The 2019 class could be a big one for Dayton. If the roster doesn’t change, Dayton would have four scholarships open. Here’s a quick glance at players being recruited by UD in the class of 2019.
• Jeremiah Francis, 6-3, point guard: The Pickerington Central junior heard from Dayton and Ohio State among others on June 15, according to Jacob Polacheck, of D1Vision.com. He ranks 82nd in the class of 2019, according to 247Sports. He put Dayton in his top 10 on Aug. 5.
• Aidan Igiehon, 6-10, forward: A native of Ireland, Igiehon plays for Woodmere Academy, just outside New York City. He has offers from Rutgers, Oklahoma and Syracuse among others. Dayton offered him a scholarship on July 30, according to Andrew Slater, of 247Sports.
• Kira Lewis Jr., 6-3, point guard: The 6-3 point guard from Hazel Green High School (Ala.) received an offer from Dayton on June 1. He ranks 81st in the class of 2019, according to 247Sports.
• Keishawn Davidson, 6-3, point guard: Davidson is from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn. He has offers from Alabama-Birmingham, Middle Tennessee State and Austin Peay, according to 247Sports.com.
• Amari Davis, 6-3, shooting guard: The Trotwood-Madison junior is a three-star recruit, according to 247Sports. He ranks 199th in the nation in the class of 2019.
• Andre Gordon, 6-1, guard: The Sidney High School junior heard from Akron, Indiana, Kansas State, Dayton and Cleveland State on June 15, according to the All-Ohio AAU team’s Twitter account.
• Bryan (BJ) Greenlee, 6-0, guard: Greenlee is from The Rock School in Gainesville, Fla. Team Knight Hoops, a Florida-based travel team, announced in June he’s being recruited by Dayton.
• KeShawn Heard, 6-7, forward: The Newark High School junior heard from Ohio State and Dayton in June, according to the All -Ohio AAU team’s Twitter account.
• Andre Harris, 6-3, guard: Harris received calls last week from Dayton, Youngstown State, Wright State, Miami University and Kent State, according to his coach at Brush High School, Chet Mason.
• Tyrell Jones, 6-2, guard: Jones was contacted by Dayton, Kansas State and Troy on June 15, according to the Showtime Ballers, his adidas-sponsored program in Florida. He’ll be a junior at West Oaks Academy in Orlando.
• JJ Kalakon, 6-4, shooting guard: Kalakon, of Waggener High School in Louisville, Ky., ranks 14th in Kentucky in the class of 2019, according to NextUpRecruits.com.
• Isaiah Palermo, 6-5, small forward: Palermo is from Osceola High School in Kissimmee, Fla. Dayton, Oklahoma, Auburn and Clemson were among the schools to reach out to him on June 15, according to Corey Evans, of Rivals.com. He ranks 148th in the class of 2019, according to 247Sports.com.
• Diante Smith, 6-4, small forward: From Choctawhatchee Senior High School in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., Smith is also getting interest from UAB, South Florida and Troy, according to Prep Hoops Florida.
• Jaykwon Walton, 6-5, guard: A junior at Carver High School in Montgomery, Ala., Walton heard from a number of schools on June 15, including Dayton, Georgia and Iowa, according to Hoop Seen Alabama.