The Dayton Flyers will open Atlantic 10 Conference play at Duquesne on Dec. 30, the conference announced Wednesday. It’s the second time in three seasons UD has played its A-10 opener on the road in Pittsburgh.
UD will then host St. Bonaventure on Jan. 3 in its home opener.
Among the other highlights of the A-10 schedule:
• UD’s Senior Night will be a Senior Day. It will play George Washington at 12:30 p.m. on March 3 in the regular-season finale.
RELATED: A look at non-conference schedule
• New UD coach Anthony Grant will coach his first game at VCU, where he started his head coaching career, on Feb. 10. VCU plays at UD on Jan. 12.
• Probably the toughest part of the schedule for the Flyers is a three-game stretch that starts with a road game at Richmond, the home game against VCU and a road game at Saint Joseph’s.
• Dayton plays two games on Friday, three on Tuesdays, five on Wednesdays and eight on Saturdays.
• Dayton plays six games on the CBS Sports Network. Its home game against VCU will be televised on ESPN2, as will its road game at Rhode Island on Feb. 23.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.