Deadline to sign up is June 9. More information is available at: www.wgcgolfcourse.com.
• The first of four Miami Valley Masters golf outings will be held Monday afternoon at Piqua Country Club. This group was formerly the Dayton Seniors. Participants must be 50 years old and over.
• The area’s first U.S. Open local qualifier is scheduled Monday at Kinsale Golf & Fitness Club in Powell near Columbus. Next week another qualifier will be held at Maketewah Country Club in Cincinnati.
• The second round of the Southern Ohio Senior PGA Match Play Championship, which was scheduled to be played last Thursday at Sycamore Creek Country Club, had to be postponed until this coming Thursday because of rain.
In the first round, which was played Wednesday, host pro Bob Stephens and Tim Krapfel of Centerville had byes. Tim Walton and Pat Delaney won their matches, but Steve Jurick was defeated.
• Many volunteers are needed to assist in staging the U.S. Open Sectional qualifier June 5 at Springfield Country Club. Those interested in participating are advised to check mvgolf.org for more information.
• Moraine Country Club will be one of six qualifying sites around the state for the Ohio Amateur Championship. Entries for the May 30 Moraine qualifier will close May 15. Coldstream Country Club in Cincinnati also hosts a qualifier May 15.
The Ohio Am will be played July 11-14 at Springfield Country Club.
• Leesa Mitchell-Cassell, who has been the club manager at Miami Valley Golf Club for two years, has taken the same position at Brown’s Run Country Club near Middletown.
• Moss Creek Golf Course near Clayton, which was planning to open for play a couple of days ago, has postponed its 2017 opening until Friday because of the heavy rainfall in the last few days.
• Last Monday’s rain quit just in time for the Miami Valley Golf Association to get a full field of players in its Better Ball event around the Country Club of the North golf course in the afternoon.
Paul Day and Chris Coleman teamed up to win the gross division while Ron Eubel and Roger Johnson were posting the best gross total in the senior division. Darrell Izor and Harry Williamson had the best net score and the pairing of Steve Parker and Don Patterson won the senior net title.