In other Dayton alumni news:
• Vee Sanford, like Oliver a senior on the 2013-14 team, earned an honorable mention in the All-French Pro A League awards. He averaged 15.3 points per game in 32 games for Elan Chalon in the top league in France. Sanford will play for another French team, Limoges, next season.
• Two former Flyers will play with the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, Nev.
Dyshawn Pierre, who played for the Flyers from 2012-15, and Kostas Antetokounmpo, who left UD after one season on the court in 2017-18, will start play with the Mavericks in the Summer League on Friday. They will also participate in a three-day minicamp in Dallas this week.
» COACHING NEWS: Former UD assistant retires
Another former Flyer, Charles Cooke, a senior in 2016-17, will play with the Miami Heat’s Summer League team in Sacramento, Calif., and Las Vegas.
• Pierre was named to the all-playoff team for his performance with Dinamo Sassari. The team made it to the finals of the top league in Italy but lost in seven games.
• Kyle Davis averaged 9.5 points per game in 48 games for Comunicaciones Mercedes in Argentina. His team lost in the quarterfinals of the league playoffs.
“Didn’t want the season to end like it did,” Davis wrote in June on Instagram, “but we held our heads up high and I enjoyed every day of this special season, going to war every night with my brothers. I want to thank the staff club and the whole Mercedes community for always supporting us win or lose.”
» RELATED: Dan Patrick talks about Donoher on his radio show
• Devin Searcy, who played for Dayton from 2007-11, made the all-league second team in Turkey. He played for Manisa and averaged 17.5 points in 27 games.
• Josh Cunningham, who finished his Dayton career in March, signed to be represented by Scott Nichols, of Rize Management, according to a report.
• Rob Lowery, who played for Dayton from 2008-10, averaged 11.5 points in six Champions League games for Torun, which lost 4-3 in the finals of the top league in Poland.