Tunstall was averaging 13.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.5 steals and 2.1 assists for Owens (9-1), which was ranked No. 5 in the nation last week.
• Fort Loramie girls varsity basketball coach Carla Siegel recently earned her 300th career coaching win following a 57-29 defeat of Fairlawn. Siegel has been the Redskins’ head coach for 16 season.
Fort Loramie (4-1) takes a four-game win streak against Greenon in the Barn Ball Classic at Miami East on Saturday. Loramie’s only setback was 68-60 to unbeaten Tippecanoe in the season opener.
• Springboro honored its 1965 boys varsity basketball state runner-up team during halftime of last Friday’s game with visiting West Carrollton. At least nine players and coaches were expected to attend.
Competing in small-school Class A, Springboro defeated Minster 77-62 in the state semifinals and lost 55-45 to West Salem Northwestern in the final. The Panthers finished 25-2 under coach Gerald Saunders.
• Troy senior Trenton Wood has been named to the first team of the 2015 National Amateur Baseball Federation All-American preseason team. He’s excelled in summer ball for Troy Post 43 the last three seasons.
Wood hit .467 last season and also was named to the NABF Senior Division All-World Series team. A pitcher and outfielder, he’s verbally committed to play at Mount Vernon Nazarene.
• Northmont senior Sasha Sampson recently signed to play volleyball at Fairmont (W.Va.) State. A member of the National honor Society, she was first team All Greater Western Ohio Conference Central Division this past season. She also was a District 15 senior all-star.
• Miami Valley grad and Dartmouth junior keeper Stefan Cleveland was named first team All-Ivy men’s soccer. He posted a 9-3-2 record and a 0.81 goals against average in 14 games. He also had six shutouts. Cleveland also played for the Blast FC.