Highlights of the Flyers 101-76 win over St. Louis
Here are 10 things to know about Dayton’s 10-game winning streak:
1. Recent history: This is the second season in a row Dayton has had a winning streak of at least 10 games. It won 11 straight in Green's first season. That tied for the 10th longest streak in school history.
2. Strong start: The last time Dayton started 9-0 in the conference was the 2012-13 season when it finished 14-0 in conference play.
3. National picture: Dayton has climbed to No. 48 in the RPI. Duquesne ranks 57th. Dayton is the second-highest ranked Ohio team. Ohio State (17-5) is No. 6. Dayton received one vote in the latest Associated Press poll.
4. Mostly dominant: Ohio State has won seven games in the streak by double digits. St. Joseph's (65-59), Fordham (63-62) and Richmond (66-59) have played Dayton close.
» RELATED: Walk-on Szabo gets scholarship
5. Consistent scorer: Dayton's leading scorer on the season, senior guard Jenna Burdette (16.1 points per game), has scored in double figures in the last seven games and eight times during the season.
Burdette scored a career-high 33 points Jan. 14 in a 101-76 victory against Saint Louis. Burdette has 1,179 points in her career. She ranks 20th in school history.
Dayton women take down Bonnies for 5th straight win
6. Record breaker: Sophomore guard Jayla Scaife scored a career-high 35 points Jan. 4 in a 116-58 victory over Rhode Island. That was the eighth-best scoring performance in school history. The Flyers set a school record for points in a game. Scaife ranks second on the team with 15.1 points per game.
7. Century mark: Dayton has topped 100 points twice during the streak. The Flyers lead the A-10 with 75.3 points per game. They rank 46th in the country.
8. Rebound machine: Senior guard JaVonna Layfield has hit double-digit rebounds six games in a row and nine times during the streak. She's averaging 12.8 rebounds per game and 15.2 during A-10 play. She has a chance to break the school record for rebounding average set by Ann Meyers (13.0 in 1976-77).
» RELATED: Archdeacon on Cannattelli | Archdeacon on Layfield
9. Hot shooter: Junior guard Lauren Cannatelli has made 31 of 63 3-pointers (49.2 percent) during the streak. She's shooting 41.4 percent on the season, ranking fourth in the conference. She set the school record by making 10 of 13 3-pointers against Rhode Island and scored a career-high 34 points.
10. Tough defense: Dayton leads the conference in field-goal percentage defense (35.2)