A new jewelry store is set to open at Town & Country Shopping Center in Kettering, and the owner formally worked for Weber Jewelers.
Thuan Nguyen, a master jeweler who worked for Weber Jewelers for 24 years, is now opening ACT Jewelers at 424G East Stroop Road in Kettering. Nguyen is a Jewelers of America certified master jeweler and is also a graduate of Gemological Institute of America.
The store officially opens on Wednesday, March 1.
» RELATED: Fred Weber leaves leadership legacy as Kettering jewelry store closes
Fred Weber, the owner of Weber Jewelers, said Nguyen came to work with him when he was just a young man. Now, he’ll carry on the jeweler legacy by opening a new store. Weber said he’s already let customers know that they can expect quality service from the new store.
Weber Jewelers closed in 2016 at 3109 Far Hills Ave., but that space is still available for lease.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 5 things to know about impact of Carrabba's, Outback closings
• Huber Heights manufacturer to shut down Ohio facility
• 5 things to know about J.C. Penney store closures
• 4 local Christian gift stores set to close
• State trooper goes viral for PSA on using turn signal