Southwest Airlines has added a new flight from Cincinnati to Phoenix.
The flight schedule aligns with the Cincinnati Reds spring training in Goodyear, Arizona — a 25-minute drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Daily flights will operate March 8 to April 7. Southwest started service at the Cincinnati airport during the summer, after halting all flights at the Dayton International Airport.
» RELATED: 7 wild things that happened on flights and in airports this year
“We’re excited Southwest is adding service to Phoenix as another option for Reds fans to go to Spring Training,” said Candace McGraw, chief executive officer, CVG. “Local passengers can also use this service to connect to more than 10 west coast destinations.”
Flight times to Phoenix from Cincinnati include:
- Monday – Friday:
This is the third destination served by Southwest, who began service from CVG in June of this year with five flights a day to Chicago – Midway, and three flights a day to Baltimore/Washington D.C.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 7 new, cheap flight options added at regional airports in 2017
• Is the 'man flu' real? Scientists claim men experience worse flu symptoms
• Movie theaters launch subscription services to compete with Netflix
• Duke Energy says data breach could impact customers
• New convenience store to sell wine, beer at The Greene