Target Corp. will nearly triple the size of its remodel program in 2018, updating more than 300 stores around the country.
The chain will also expand its delivery services options for guests, offering free two-day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items on Target.com. The announcements came as Target detailed its plan to accelerate its multi-year strategy.
The chain announced several initiatives as part of its multi-year strategy, including significantly expanding its suite of fulfillment options and increasing the starting minimum wage to $12 in 2018.
“We’re making Target America’s easiest place to shop,” said Brian Cornell, Target’s chairman and CEO. “That means blending the best of our physical and digital assets to create new experiences for our guests and reimagining our network of stores into hubs for commerce and community - inspiring showrooms, service centers and neighborhood-based fulfillment centers.”
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• JC Penney cuts 360 jobs in stores, corporate headquarters
• Could Dayton see a hyperloop stop? City included in feasibility study
• Macy's outlet store to open at shopping center in Dayton area
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.
• Tyra Patterson: Every day is a second chance