Ride-sharing service Uber has launched its food delivery service, UberEATS, in the Dayton region.
UberEATs will offer food delivery services every day of the week from more than 30 restaurant locations in the Dayton area. Restaurants include Graeter’s Ice Cream, Hot Head Burritos, Piada, Melt Bar and Grilled and more. The service is already launched in cities like Cincinnati and Columbus.
“We’re thrilled to launch today in Dayton to connect local residents and visitors with new, tasty options, add new earning opportunities for driver-partners and help local restaurant owners expand the reach of their business,” said Berry Kennedy, general manager for UberEATS Ohio.
» RELATED: Dayton taxi service adding app to compete with Uber
UberEATS is launching in downtown and surrounding neighborhoods including Riverside, Beavercreek, Centerville and West Carrollton.
To use the service, customers download the free UberEATS app on their smartphone, where they can order food from restaurants and track where the delivery driver is at along the way. The delivery service is $4.99, plus the amount that the food costs.
First-time eaters can get $5 off their first two orders with promo code DAYTONEATS. Uber is also hiring deliver drivers for UberEATS services. The service is already available in 100 cities.
Here’s how UberEATS works:
1. Download the free standalone UberEATS app for iOS or Android
2. Login with your Uber account
3. Find a restaurant you know and love, and pick what you want from their menu
4. Pay with your card on file
5. Watch as the order is picked up and delivered to you
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 5 ways local communities gave back during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Robots have invaded Walmart: 5 things you need to know
• Miamisburg company to close facility, lay off 54 workers
• Major changes are happening at local airports: What’s really going on?
• Target to offer free online shipping in November on all orders
About the Author