To submit your event for free, email Wheels at email@example.com. Deadline is 10 days prior to desired date of publication or event. See full list, including weekly and monthly cruise-ins, online at https://www.daytondailynews.com/cars/ and look for MOTOR NEWS. Follow Wheels on Facebook @DDNWheels.
- FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE-IN, 4 p.m. to dusk, Rip Rap Roadhouse, 6024 Rip Rap Road Dayton, through Sept. 27. All makes and years welcome. Outside food and drink service available or eat inside remodeled 1853 barn. Park on back grass lot. More than three acres of grass parking. www.ripraproadhouse.com
- FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE-IN AT LOFINO’S, 5 p.m. to dark, Lofinos Beaver Valley Shopping Center, Seajay Drive near U.S. 35/Fairfield Road exchange, Beavercreek, through Sept. 27. Using same site as last year, courtesy of SVG Motors. Sponsored by SVG Motors; Greene County Antique and Classic Car Club, Miami Valley chapter; and National Corvette Restorers Society. greenecarclub.com
- FRIDAY NIGHT KETTERING CRUISE-IN, 5 p.m. to dark, Kettering Towne Center at Dorothy Lane and Woodman Drive, through Sept. 13. Everything on wheels welcome. DJ, food. Robin, 937-620-6406
- JULY 6, DAYTON CARS AND COFFEE, 8 to 11 a.m., Austin Landing. Held every other Saturday, rain or shine, until Oct. 14. Forgeline Motorsports, Hanson Audio Video and Acura of Dayton sponsor the bi-weekly events. Hospitality sponsor is Hilton Garden Inn at Austin Landing.
NOMINATIONS FOR 13TH ANNUAL DAYTON CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AT CARILLON PARK, Sept. 15, grounds of Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Blvd., Dayton. Presented by AAA. Featuring grand classic cars like Duesenberg, Rolls Royce, Packard, Cadillac, Bentley and more, plus 50th anniversary of the Pontiac Trans Am. All proceeds support Dayton History, Montgomery County’s official historical organization. For more information, go online to www.daytonconcours.com or call 937-293-3841. To nominate a car, contact Concours Director Mike Edgerton, 937-866-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To nominate a motorcycle, contact Motorcycle Director Dan Black, 937-572-3670 or email@example.com.
23RD ANNUAL MIAMI VALLEY ANTIQUE FIRE APPARATUS SHOW, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Veterans Memorial Park, 75 N. Walnut St., Germantown. About 40 antique fire apparatus on display. Free, open to the public. Antique fire apparatus displayed, fire-related flea market vendors, lunch at Germantown Firefighters Association food stand. Sponsored by Miami Valley Antique Fire Apparatus Association. www.mvafaa.org, https://tinyurl.com/y75s93v8. Jeff, 937-369-4280
9TH ANNUAL ZION LUTHERAN CAR SHOW, 5550 Munger Road at Alex-Bell, West Carrollton. Free registration begins at 9:30 a.m. Optional worship at 10 a.m. Free food, door prizes, awards at 2 p.m. 937-434-9422
EVENTS AT MONTGOMERY COUNTY FAIR, Montgomery County Fairgrounds and Event Center, 645 Infirmary Road, Dayton
• JULY 8: FAST TRAXX MOTORCROSS, registration starts at 3 p.m., practice 6:30 p.m., race to follow. No AMA or special membership cards needed. Classes available for all age and skill levels. $25 per class for youth and amateur, $30 pro. Classes include beginner, intermediate, pro with 100 percent payback; youth, amateur, pro (bikes and quads). Any rider with military ID races free. Full class list at fasttraxxracing.com, 740-767-3740, race day 740-707-7336
• JULY 9: KOI DRAG RACING, practice 5 p.m. (track permitting), eliminations 7 p.m. Classes $10 with 100 percent payback to winners, for kids, quads/dirt bikes, modified, open, SXS. 2WD and 4WD, diesel ($20 class), gas, buggies, semis. Diesel points race: stock turbo extra $200, street extra $200, modified extra $300. www.koidragracing.com, 859-576-7380 or 859-351-9417
• JULY 10: ANNUAL TRACTOR PULL, weigh-in at 5 p.m., starts at 7 p.m., $30 hook fee. Presented by Darke County Tractor Pullers Association. Joe Singer, 937-459-0376; Kyle Schlechty, 937-459-0229. Rules, safety requirements at www.dctpa.com
• JULY 11: TUG-A-TRUCKS, gates open at 5 p.m., starts at 7 p.m., $20 hook fee, multiple classes. $5,500 purse paying top four spots, purse sponsored by MCAS
• JULY 12: SMASH-IT DEMOLITION DERBY, starts at 7 p.m., full-size street stock, compact street stock, smash-it mowers, power wheels. Sponsored by attorney Blake Maislin. Tim, 740-857-2033. Rules at www.smashitderby.com
• JULY 13: SKID STEER RODEO/OBSTACLE COURSE, 5 p.m., free to watch. $10 to enter, cash prizes of $500, $300, $200. Presented by Apple Farm Service Inc. Rules, registration at AppleFarmService.com/rodeo
• JULY 14: TRUCK AND TRACTOR PULL, starts at 5 p.m., classes – super stock tractors, super modified FWD trucks, modifieds, pro stock semis. Information at 937-224-1619
GOODGUYS 22ND ANNUAL PPG NATIONALS, Ohio Expo Center, Columbus. More than 6,500 hot rods, classics, customs, muscle cars and trucks. There will be 450 vendor and manufacturer displays, a for-sale car corral, swap meet and indoor auto show. Road tours, evening parties. www.good-guys.com/ggn-2019
THUNDERBURG MOTORCYCLE CRUISE-IN, 4 to 10 p.m., 1 S. Main St., downtown Miamisburg, a Miamisburg Merchants association event, with Walker Powersports as title sponsor. DJ, live band Locking Up Otis
BRITISH TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM FUNDRAISER,
5-9 p.m., eat at the Kettering Dairy Queen, 2056 E. Dorothy Lane. DQ will donate 20 percent of sales.
15TH ANNUAL STILLWATER CENTER CAR AND MOTORCYCLE SHOW, registration 8 a.m. to noon, show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 8100 N. Main St., Dayton. $10 vehicle entry fee, dash plaques to first 175, 22 trophy categories. Stillwater Center is a home for Montgomery County children and adults who have the most severe and profound intellectual and developmental disabilities, are physically challenged and have significant medical needs. Door prizes, 50/50 raffles, food vendors, live music. Proceeds benefit Stillwater Center residents. 937-415-6215, www.mcohio.org/swshow
AUTO CROSS SOLO EVENT, Kil-Kare Speedway, 1166 Dayton-Xenia Road, Beavercreek. New racers encouraged to participate. Registration 9 to 10 a.m., drivers’ meeting 10:05 a.m. (walk track prior), FCO 10:15 a.m. (10 timed runs). Valid driver’s license, Snell 2005 or newer helmet required. Open to all makes and models. Sanctioned by Corvette Troy. Cost $30 to NCCC members, $35 nonmembers. Future dates: Aug. 11, Sept. 15, Oct. 13. Janelle Flaharty, firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-248-5792
AMERICAN LEGION POST 762 ANNUAL CRUISE-IN, 5 to 7:30 p.m., 35 W. Main St., New Lebanon. Food, beverages, live music from JoyRide and Trippin’ Fish from 8 p.m. to midnight. Bring a donation for local food banks – either non-perishable items or monetary so fresh food can be purchased. Sponsored in part by Over the Hill Gang Inc. Car Cub. ALPost762@gmail.com
65TH ANNUAL ANTIQUE & CLASSIC CAR PARADE/SHOW, registration 8:30-11:30 a.m., assemble at Butler County Courthouse Square, downtown Hamilton. 41 classes, 3 trophies each for vehicles manufactured through 1994 in restored or original condition. No street rods or customs. Spectators free admission. www.antiquecars.org
35TH FRANKLIN OHIO DOWNTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT CAR SHOW, 3 to 9:30 p.m. Presented by Warren County Kustoms. More than 800 show cars, vendors, food, fun. Sponsored by PPG Ohio Auto Kolor. http://www.warrencountykustoms.com
BOOMERFEST CRUISE-IN AT ST. LEONARD’S, noon to 5 p.m., Chaminade Circle, Centerville. Free admission to cruise-in and festival. Free dash plaques to first 75 to register. All makes and models welcome. Trophies over 3 feet tall presented to Mayor’s Choice, Director’s Choice, Boomer’s Best. Co-hosted by Miami Valley Car Club. Vendors, crafters, free kids’ area, tethered hot air balloon rides, 50/50 raffle, live bands (The Fries, Parrots of the Caribbean, Stranger, Brass Tracks, Locking Up Otis), entertainment until 10 p.m. Food trucks, beer garden, craft beers. Wayne, 937-426-4519 or Kelly, 937-432-6549
11TH ANNUAL GATHERING OF THE GEEZERS, gates open 9 a.m., time runs at 10 a.m., racing at 2:30 p.m., Kil-Kare Speedway and Drag Strip, 1166 Dayton Xenia Road, Xenia. Spectators $15; Old-time drags (’87 and older cars), $25; car show (any year) or to swap, $20. Cash awards, 50 Lowe’s goodie buckets, trophies to top 40 show cars and 10 elite. Classes: Quick 8 door cars; super stock/stock combo, sportsman, modified, nostalgia eliminators, Grandpa eliminators, top eliminator. Grand marshal Dave Middleton. Rain date Aug. 18. Ed Crowder, 937-409-3087. www.kilkare.com
35TH TRANS AM NATIONALS, Holiday Inn, Fairborn. Trans-Ams from across the United States, cruise-in on Saturday evening in Tipp City. Car show, featuring 31 classes, on Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at hotel. https://tanationals.org/
BELLEFONTAINE HILL CLIMB REVIVAL, starts Aug. 23 at 11 a.m. with event registration and tour of American Honda Heritage Center, Marysville, registration elsewhere also; Aug. 24 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. registration and tech inspection of competition cars for hill climb, afternoon rallye and Sunday autocross; Aug. 25 7 a.m. autocross registration, course construction and tech inspection. 10 a.m. car show registration, downtown Bellefontaine. Awards begin at 2 p.m. Kurt Niemeyer, email@example.com, 513-304-1177. https://m.facebook.com/Bellefontainehillclimb/
BELLBROOK LIONS CLUB FESTIVAL CAR SHOW, registration 3 to 6:30 p.m., trophies 7:30 p.m., Sugarcreek Elementary School, 60 E. South St. All makes and models welcome. Free spectator admission, parking; $10 entry fee per show car; dash plaques to first 75 cars; top 30 trophies plus special Mayor’s Choice and Lion’s Club President’s Choice trophies; door prizes; free goodie bags; 50/50 drawing; show participants get 2 tickets for festival prize drawings of $10,000, $500, $250. Festival offers beer garden, food, games, bingo, kids’ rides. Co-hosted by Miami Valley Car Club. Ken, 937-376-1511 or Wayne, 937-426-4519
6TH ANNUAL ENON CAR SHOW, 4 to 8 p.m., Settlers Park (downtown). $ 10 per vehicle admission which includes a commemorative dash plaque, admission charge supports Enon Police Annual Shop-With-A-Cop program. Food, music, crafts, fun. 937-864-5577 or 937-864-7870
13TH ANNUAL DAYTON CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AT CARILLON PARK, FEATURING THE GRAND CLASSICS – elegant machines with names like Packard, Rolls-Royce, Pierce-Arrow, Duesenberg, Bentley and Cadillac. Also will honor 50th anniversary of the Pontiac Trans-Am. Casual Preview Party on evening of Sept. 14 at Carillon Historical Park. www.daytonconcours.com
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.