Taste the Difference at Austin Landing, took place Sunday, Aug. 5, featuring the flavors from 13 restaurants in the Austin Landing area.
Featured dishes varied by location and included:
- Another Broken Egg Cafe - Bloody Mary samples
- Bar 145 - Fried green tomato caprese
- Bar Louie - Brushetta pomodoro, chicken street tacos, voodoo chicken pasta
- BJ's - Tomato and mozzarella salad and rootbeer
- Chuy's - Chicken and veggie enchiladas, green chile rice, tres leche cake
- Cinépolis - Ultimate loaded nachos
- Dewey's Pizza - Southwest BBQ and Edgar Allen Poe pizza slices
- elé Cake Co. Bistro & Wine Bar - Korean pork steam buns and strawberry cupcakes
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill - Lobster spinach queso
- The Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South - Jambalaya and rice, and beignets
- Mike's Nashville Hot - Fried chicken tenders
- Panera Bread - Pastry rings, scones, and Fuji apple salad
- The Spicy Olive - Blood orange brownies and various samples of olive oil and vinegar with bread
The featured restaurants showcased some of the dishes and preparations they are most proud of while live entertainment from musician Ryan Day accompanied the afternoon. Wine, mixed drinks and craft beer were available for purchase with proceeds benefiting The Miami Valley Restaurant Association.
Contact this contributing writer at email@example.com.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.