Starting at 6 p.m. on Friday night, you can purchase eats from J. Damon’s Woodfired Pizza, Best Thing Smokin (BBQ), Food Fellas (French/Asian/Latin American fusion), and Wyoming Meat Market (USDA prime beef products, including lamb and Wagyu steak).
>> Lobster food truck featured on ‘Shark Tank’ part of huge weekend food truck event
Saturday’s lineup is the same, only Chloe’s Eatery (custom gourmet dishes) will substitute for Food Fellas. Saturday food trucks open at 3 p.m.
The Thunderbay Band (classic rock, dance, country) will perform on Friday night from 7-10 p.m. On Saturday, Mister Man and the Mojo Band (blues) will take the stage at 3:30 p.m. The White Brothers, which includes former “American Idol” contestant and Trenton native, Jared White, will follow at 6:30 p.m.
Hanover Winery will host its annual, two-day wine festival on Friday, Aug. 17 and Saturday, Aug. 18.
Finally, we come to the important part. There will be two categories of wine at the festival: red, dessert, and fruit wines and white, rose, and blush wines. Of the reds, expect the following:
1. 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (dark fruits, notes of vanilla and caramel)
2. 2015 Marquette (dry ruby red, grandson grape to Pinot Noir)
3. 2015 Tempranillo (dry ruby red, with flavors of plums, berries and herbs)
4. 2015 Malbec (full-bodied dry red, higher tannins with a sweet tobacco finish)
5. 2016 Black Dahlia (blackberry, dark and delicious dry red)
6. Chambourcin (full dry red, oak-aged, with dark fruit flavors)
7. Marechal Foch (dry red, spicy aroma, medium oak)
8. Baco Noir (dry red, oak barrel-aged, with layers of plum, vanilla, and cherry)
9. Hanover Red (medium body red)
10. Mason’s Red (sweet Cabernet Sauvignon, un-oaked and stainless steel-fermented)
11. Soft Red (sweet medium body)
12. Ohio Apple (blend of seven apple varieties)
13. Peach (International Medal and Silver Medal winner)
14. Cranberry (sweet cranberry with mild tart)
15. Blackberry (International Gold Medal winner)
16. Dammit Annie! (berry-blended dessert)
Hanover Winery told the Journal-News the business is looking to participate in other area farmers’ markets. The winery is located in Butler County’s Hanover Twp. STAFF FILE
Of the whites, roses, and blushes, expect the following:
1. Vidal Blanc (dry white with fruity characteristics)
2. Chardonnay (lightly oaked dry white, with citrus notes)
3. Riesling (dry, German-style wine)
4. Vignoles (oak-aged dry white with hints of pineapple and apricot)
5. Seyval Blanc (crisp, dry white)
6. Traminette (semi-sweet white with light floral overtones)
7. Sweet Lizzy (sweet rose wine named in memory of the Hanover Winery’s pet Labrador, Lizzy)
8. Hanover White (sweet white blend)
9. Bubbly (sparkling-style sweet wine)
10. Soft White (soft tannins in a pleasingly sweet Niagara)
11. Pink Toad (flavorful Catawba, sweet blush wine)
12. Kiss Me (sweet white Riesling with citrus and honey flavors)
13. Unleashed (sweet, raspberry Riesling)
Hanover Winery will host its annual, two-day wine festival on Friday and Saturday, Aug. 17-18. CONTRIBUTED
Bring blankets and chairs and have a seat on the green, as the tables fill up quickly.
WANT TO GO?
What: Hanover Wine Festival
When: Aug. 17-18, 6-10 p.m. Friday, 3-10 p.m., Saturday
Where: Hanover Winery, 2121 Morman Road, Hamilton
Cost: $5 (general admission), $15 (admission plus souvenir wine glass and one glass of wine)
More Info: 513-863-3119 or www.hanoverwinery.com.