The new roundabout cost $280,000 for engineering, $370,000 for right of way and $970,000 for construction, with 90% of construction costs paid from federal safety money and 10% from the Ohio Public Works Commission, Gruner said.
HOW TO NAVIGATE A ROUNDABOUT
- When approaching a roundabout, slow down. Roundabouts are designed for low speeds around 20 to 30 mph.
- Yield to the cars in the roundabout. They have the right of way.
- Look to your left and enter the circle by turning right when there is a safe gap in traffic.
- Keep moving when you’re in the roundabout. All U.S. roundabouts are one-way: counterclockwise.
- Exit right when you see your turn.
SOURCE: Montgomery County Engineer’s Office