Wayne Healthcare went back to a no-visitor policy starting Friday, with compassionate exemptions.
The Greenville-based health system said in a statement that starting 7 a.m. Friday it reinstituted the restrictions.
Exceptions to the revised visitor policy include the following:
- Maternity patients may have one visitor. If the patient is a minor (under the age of 18), they may have two (2) visitors (parents/guardians).
- End-of-life patients. Visitation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Patients who are minors may have two visitors (parents or guardians) in the emergency department and inpatient setting.
- Patients with impairments may have one visitor.
- Outpatient surgery/procedure patients may have one visitor.
All visitors granted exceptions will be screened prior to entry and must be free of any COVID-19 symptoms. No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed unless they are the parent or legal guardian of a pediatric patient.
The health system stated family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones virtually such as with a smart phone or tablet.
These heightened visitor restrictions will remain in effect until further notice.
About the Author