Bond $200K for man accused of ramming vehicles

A man accused of ramming several vehicles at a Clark County residence before leading deputies and other officers on a pursuit had bond set at $200,000 by a judge.

  • Kevin Rigsby is charged with several felonies
  • Vehicles damaged at Hunter Road address
  • Sheriff's cruiser rammed during pursuit
  • Howard Trucking business property damaged

Download our free mobile apps for breaking news and weather alerts on your smartphone


Kevin Rigsby pleaded not guilty Thursday morning in Clark County Municipal Court and a judge set bond at $200,000. He was listed as being in custody at the county jail on Thursday night.

The 911 calls from the woman who reported that the 43-year-old Enon man was striking vehicles at her residence, prior to his being pursued by authorities, were released Thursday.

“He’s nuts. He’s smashing my car into the house. Oh my God,” the caller told emergency dispatchers. “He’s going to smash through the house.”

The caller said Rigsby was smashing as many as three vehicles on the property of a home in the 5400 block of Hunter Road.

“[If] he gets in this house, it’s hard to say what he’s going to do,” the caller said.

Another call, reportedly from Rigsby’s former employer, Howard Trucking, indicated that Rigsby was allegedly causing damage to the business’ property of Haddix Road.

Rigsby is charged with fleeing and eluding, assault, menacing by stalking, vandalism and two counts of breaking and entering. Clark County sheriff’s deputies arrested him after a standoff that began following a slow-speed pursuit that ended on a bridge on East Jackson and Mills roads.

According to the sheriff’s office, Rigsby came to the trucking business just before 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, threw papers about, threw a picture through a wall, then drove the cab of his semitrailer (there was no trailer attached) into an empty parked car in the lot and pushed it through a fence before leaving.

Minutes later, deputies said, Rigsby, still in the cab, pushed a car of his ex-girlfriend’s mother into the front of the house and then pushed his ex-girlfriend’s vehicle through a barn.

By that time, police from Enon and Yellow Springs and sheriff’s deputies chased Rigsby into Greene County and back again into Clark County. He rammed a sheriff’s cruiser during the pursuit.

Rigsby stopped in the middle of the bridge at Mills Road, at first refusing to get out and telling authorities he had a firearm. After several minutes of negotiating, he disconnected a phone call with authorities. He started the cab and drove 5o yards, got out and surrendered, deputies said.