Harrison Twp. firefighter pleads to alleged sex act in parking lot


A former Harrison Twp. firefighter pleaded no contest to a charge of public indecency that stems from a November incident, where he allegedly performed a sex act on himself in a Walmart parking lot in Troy.

Keith Bousquette was scheduled to go on trial Wednesday morning, but instead entered a plea of no contest to the charge.

>>RELATED: Firefighter on leave for alleged sex act

Sentencing in the case will likely be scheduled in about six weeks and he continues to be free on his own recognizance.

Harrison Twp. personnel records indicate Keith Bousquette was first placed on paid leave Nov. 8 following the alleged incident Nov. 7 in a Walmart parking lot. He was then moved to unpaid leave Nov. 17.

>>RELATED: Firefighter accused of sex act in parking lot to face trial

Township Administrator Denise Eldridge said Bousquette no longer works for the department. The Dayton Daily News has requested a copy of the internal investigation by Fire Chief Mark Lynch into his alleged conduct.

In November, Bousquette told Troy police the alleged act was “a joke” to someone he thought was a friend, but “turned out that it was not.” The woman who reported the incident called her husband, police said, who followed Bousquette’s vehicle and was able to provide a license plate number to police.

In May 2013, Bousquette received a two-day unpaid suspension for reporting late to duty for a fourth time within a year, according to personnel records.

The township’s policy for tardiness includes first counseling, then a written reprimand for a second tardy, and suspension for instances after that.

In August 2012, Bousquette received one day of unpaid suspension for his third time being late, according to personnel records.

Bousquette’s personnel file also indicates a written reprimand in 2014 and a written reprimand in 2013 for not following chain of command. The details of those two written reprimands were not included in the personnel file.

The maximum sentence for the alleged November incident is 30 days in jail and a fine of $250.


About the Author