Kettering man previously convicted in deadly crash now facing robbery, kidnapping charges

A pre-trial hearing is set to happen this week in a case against a 28-year-old man who was released from prison earlier this year after an aggravated vehicular homicide conviction and is now accused of beating up and robbing a man in Fairborn.

STAY CONNECTED: Greene County News on Facebook

Justin Michael Henderson, of Glaser Drive in Kettering, was arrested Friday and is being held in the Greene County Jail on suspicion of aggravated robbery, kidnapping and felonious assault.

RELATED >>> 1 in custody, 1 still sought after east Dayton SWAT standoff

According to the statement of facts from the detective filed with Fairborn Municipal Court, Henderson arranged to sell $100 of marijuana to a man and met him in the area of Salem Avenue and Forrest Street in Fairborn early the morning of May 18.

RELATED >>> Man who allegedly drove drunk faces 3 counts in fatal crash

Henderson approached the man's car with a second male and the two proceeded to punch and kick the victim, according to the court record.

Henderson and the other unidentified male, who is still being sought, stole the victim's money and his 2012 Chevrolet Malibu, according to the detective's statement.

The victim was severely beaten and taken to Soin Medical Center for treatment. The victim is also wanted for multiple felony charges, according to the court record.

Henderson was arrested that afternoon after keeping Dayton police at bay during a standoff in the area of Alverno and St. Charles avenues.

Henderson has pleaded not guilty to the charges. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Tuesday. The final hearing before the trial is set for July 26.

Henderson was released from prison in February after serving a mandatory sentence of seven years from a 2010 aggravated vehicular assault conviction. Investigators in that case say Henderson had a blood alcohol content of .266 when he ran a red light at Research Boulevard and Shakertown Road and struck a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by 41-year-old Mary J. Farrow, who died as a result of the injuries she suffered.

About the Author