Authorities arrested two men and seized around $400,000 worth of pure cocaine in December — one of the largest in a recent string of raids in Southwest Ohio.
Alfredo Parra Saucedo, of Chihuahua, Mexico, and John Dillard, of Dayton, were arrested on drug-related charges, according to the Miami Valley Bulk Smuggling Task Force. The men were taken into custody on Miller Lane in Dayton, and both remained in custody of Montgomery County deputies on suspicion of drug trafficking and possession of drug charges, according to jail records.
Law enforcement officials witnessed several criminal indicators of drug smuggling Thursday night and were able to seize four kilograms of cocaine, according to a release. The vehicle used in the transportation of the drugs was found with a hallowed out compartment specific for fitting and transporting kilograms of illicit drugs.
Authorities have kept busy with a string of recent drug raids:
- Dec. 22 — Heroin, fentanyl and a large amount of cash was seized during a raid at a Trotwood home, deputies said. Two men were arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking following a two-month investigation.
- Dec. 20 — A months-long investigation by the Montgomery County RANGE Task Force led to the arrest of two individuals and seizure of illegal drugs during a raid of a home on the 1700 block of Radio Road in Dayton. Seized during the raid was suspected crack cocaine, heroin, marijuana, cash and three firearms.
- Dec. 20 — Miami County deputies raided a “well-engineered” marijuana grow operation inside a home on Washington Road near Eldean Road, west of Troy. One woman was arrested. Two pick-up truck loads of evidence were taken from the home following an undercover drug investigation, police said.
- Dec. 13 — A joint effort by four sheriff’s offices led to a large drug seizure in Clark County. Investigators recovered about five kilos of methamphetamine, two kilos of cocaine, 25 pounds of marijuana and several different types of narcotic pills. The total street value was at $400,000 and more than $282,600 of cash and several personal assets were recovered.
- Nov. 2 — A Butler County sweep resulted in 14 arrests by the Butler County Undercover Regional Narcotics Task Force, Sheriff Richard K. Jones announced.
Law enforcement rely on the assistance of the public. Calls to the narcotics hotline at 937-225-6272 are kept confidential.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.