RELATED: Springboro student charged in connection with school’s closing
“The defendant is ordered into the S.O.S (Supporting Opportunities for Success) Program at Mary Haven Youth Center for educational and/or monitoring purposes,” Kirby added in filings following Wednesday’s court hearing.
Kirby also placed the boy on house arrest and banned him from school grounds.
RELATED: See how the case unfolded on WHIO Breaking News
Last Friday, Kirby ordered the boy held for a risk assessment.
The judge said he was not ready to allow the boy to go home with his parents in light of allegations he had been walking around the school between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. Oct. 25.
Both times custodians walked the boy out of the school without notifying school administrators, according to the district Communications Coordinator Scott Marshall.
The student has denied the charges.
On Wednesday, Kirby ordered the boy and his parents to return to court on Dec. 17 for another pretrial hearing.
MORE: Springboro-Lebanon football game photo gallery
No school staff was disciplined.
“The custodial staff were instructed about district procedures on alerting administrative staff, and/or the police department in a situation such as yesterday,”Marshall said last week in a statement.