Two Family Video stores in Dayton and New Carlisle are set to close.
The Dayton location at 1910 Wayne Avenue doesn’t have a close date yet, but the store is no longer renting movies, said assistant manager Alicia Miracle.
The store is no longer getting shipments of new movies and will likely stay open until the current inventory is gone.
» RELATED: Order online from Walmart, pick up items at a vending machine in under a minute
“Every Tuesday is when we put out new movies, so we should have already had 2 shipments,” Miracle said. “We have a lot of great movies and they’re fair priced.”
The last shipment of new releases came in May. Prices on videos range from $1 to $12.
The New Carlisle location closed July 3, according to a store employee. Videos in that store are also now for sale, and there are no more rentals.
» RELATED: Macy’s to expand pop-up marketplace with new partnership
Miracle would not say why the stores are planning to close. This news organization has reached out to the district manager of Family Video to find out why the stores are closing and what could replace them.
Family video has over 700 locations in 19 states, including 15 in the Dayton area and four in the Cincinnati area.
FIVE FAST READS
• Retail sales increase in May, expected to continue growing this year
• UD, Premier say former fairgrounds may not be fully redeveloped for decades
• Ohio public university presidents fight for more funding at Statehouse
• Algae plaguing Ohio lakes could force Kasich to take executive action
• PHOTOS: Retail tycoon’s former Ohio mansion on sale for $3.95 million