The deadline to apply was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The five applicants were:
- Zachary Beck: A 2009 Wayne High School graduate, he is a development liaison for the Wright State Foundation and in the Masters of Business Administration program at Wright State.
- Roger Hensley: A four-term elected Huber Heights Councilman, Hensley resigned in 2012 and retired from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to assist with a family health issue.
- Eva Newby: A member of the Huber Heights Board of Zoning Appeals, Newby works at the National Air & Space Intelligence Center at WPAFB.
- Michael Urig: A Huber Heights resident since 2002, Urig is a supervisory senior systems engineer at WPAFB.
- Jerry Wamsley: A Huber Heights resident since 1996, Wamsley is experienced in mortgage financing and real estate.
City Council will meet Feb. 17 in executive session to interview candidates.
Tracy Dudley resigned as a Huber Heights council member last month.
No reason was given in Dudley’s resignation letter as to why she resigned.
Dudley was appointed to council July 9, 2012, to serve out the term of Hensley, who resigned earlier that year.
Dudley ran unopposed in November 2013. Her current four-year term expires Dec. 31, 2017.
City Council has 30 days to fill the vacancy, from the resignation effective date of Jan. 25. If council fails to come to an agreement, Mayor Tom McMasters will be given the responsibility to make the appointment.