Caption

Trotwood man suffers burns after gasoline poured into generator ignites

UPDATE @ 11:35 p.m.

A man was pouring gasoline into his generator outside next to his garage late Wednesday night when it ignited.

The fire was reported around 10:45 p.m. in the 200 block of Elkins Avenue.

Once the fire sparked, the man was burned after he ran into the garage to pull out his lawn mowers.

>> Owner of car involved in fatal hit-and-run crash in Trotwood behind bars

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Tractor-trailer hauling 2,500 piglets overturns at I-75N at I-70W
  2. 2 Doctor from raided Riverside clinic has faced scrutiny before
  3. 3 Election 2018: What is State Issue 1 in Ohio?

He was taken to Miami Valley Hospital for treatment of injuries described as not life-threatening, a Trotwood fire official said.

The fire melted some of the siding to the exterior of the garage, and the lawn mowers were damaged.

The garage did not sustain any damage to its structure.

FIRST REPORT

Crews are called Wednesday night to a report of a house fire.

The fire was reported around 10:45 p.m. in the 200 block of Elkins Avenue.

>> Downtown Dayton restaurant closing for good

The blaze was reported initially as a garage fire, but the garage is attached to the house.

At least one other fire department has been called to assist.

We are on the way and will update this report as we learn details.

Got a tip? Call our monitored line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

More from Daytondailynews