UPDATE @ 10:59 p.m.: One of the two adults has been taken to a hospital after suffering smoke inhalation in the Clayton house fire.
All told, two adults and their child and the family dog escaped with the help of neighbors.
The American Red Cross has been called because the severity of the damage means the family will not be able to stay in their home tonight.
UPDATE @ 10:40 p.m.
Neighbors helped two adults and their children escape unharmed after their home on Southway Road in Clayton caught fire Monday night.
Neighbors tell firefighters they saw flames and smoke, then went next door and were able to alert the family, a Clayton Fire shift supervisor said.
Flames burned the back of the wood-frame house.
The supervisor said the family might be able to go back into their home tonight, depending on the smoke damage.
Crews have been dispatched to the 6200 block of Southway Road in Clayton on a report of a working house fire.
The incident was reported about 9:42 p.m. and firefighters were reporting seeing smoke coming from the front door.
According to a dispatch report, flames were seen at the rear of the wood frame home.
There have been no reports of any injuries.
WHIO-TV has a crew on the way and we will update this developing report as we learn more.
If you have a news tip, call the whio.com/News Center 7 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.