Surface Street Incidents
- One person was taken into custody after a truck crashed into a pole at Lantz and Hanes Road in Beavercerek around 4:30 a.m. Two people were in the car and neither were injured.
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
- I-75 south ramp to US 35 west will be closed from January 9th to September 30th to replace a bridge deck beam that was not included in the I-75 modernization project. The official detour is: I-75 south to the Edwin C. Moses turn around lane to I-75 north to US 35 west.
- I-75 north ramp the US 35 east will be closed March 28th to September 23rd. ODOT lists the suggested detour as NB I-75 to US 35 west, to James H McGee Blvd, to US 35 east.
- I-70 between Airport Access Road and Taywood Road, Lane closures April 3rd - June 30th. Two lanes will remain open.
- US 35 east Ramp to Perry Street, ramp closure April 1st – May 30th. The official detour is: US 35 east to Jefferson Street to South Patterson Blvd. to Stout Street to Perry Street
- SR 235 northbound near I-70, Lane closure May 3rd between 9 am and 3 pm. One northbound lane will remain open.
- SR 49 south between Brookville-Salem Road and Pleasant Plain Road, Lane closures through May 31. One southbound lane will remain open at all times.
- Hoover Avenue between Gettysburg Avenue and Elmhurst Road in Dayton will be closed starting April 3 until early June for water line construction. The construction will also impact the intersection of Hoover and Gettysburg avenues and drivers should expect congestion and delays. Detours will be posted.
- Old Mill Road between Phillipsburg-Union Road and North Montgomery County Line Road, Road Closure February 6th - May 6th. The official ODOT detour is: Phillipsburg-Union Road to Rhinehard Road to North Montgomery County Line Road to Old Mill Road
- The Webster Street bridge is closed as it is rebuilt. A detour will take drivers to Keowee Street to Monument Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of 2017
- I-75 between CR 25A (Troy) and US 36, Nightly lane closures May 1st – 5th between 7 pm and 6 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- CR 25A(Troy) near US 36, Rolling Road blocks May 5th at 8 pm – May 6th at 6 am. These will be brief in nature, lasting approximately 15 minutes.
- Piqua-Troy Road between Statler Road and Eldean Road, bridge closure April 12th – October 12th. The official ODOT detour is: Piqua-Troy Road to West Peterson Road to CR 25A to Eldean Road to Piqua-Troy Road.
- Statler Road between Cromes Drive and Free Road, road closure until June 15th. The official detour is: Cromes Drive/Looney Road to US 36 to Troy-Sidney Road to Statler Road.
- Gate 19B on National Road at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is closed until mid-June for a $1.3 million security upgrade. Drivers should expect delays around the base at the three gates remaining open, Gate 16B off Kaufman Avenue, Gate 1B off Springfield Street, and Gate 22B at I-675 and Col. Glenn Highway. Gate 22B will be inbound traffic only during the morning commute.
- SR 72 in Greene County will be closed in both directions just south of U.S. 35 for five days, Monday May 8 through Friday May 12. The detour is U.S. 35 to I-71 in Fayette County.
- I-70 east Ramp to I-675 north, ramp closure April 19th – October 31st. The official detour is: I-675 to SR 444 to I-675 north.
- I-70 at I-675 overpass, Daily lane closures April 25th – May 23rd between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm. Two 12' lanes will remain open in each direction.
- SR 49 between SR 705 and the Darke Mercer County line, road closure May 1st – 5th. The official detour is: SR 705 to SR 118 to SR 119
- US 36 between US 127 and SR 48, Lane closures April 24th – June 30th. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- SR 571 between Culbertson Road and Harzell Road, bridge closure March 8th – May 23nd. The official detour is: US 36 to US 127 to SR 49 to SR 721.
- SR 721 between US 36 and Covington-Gettysburg Road, bridge closure March 20th – June 3rd. The official detour is: US 36 to SR 48 to SR 718.
- SR 121 between Arnold Street and Fairview Avenue, Daily lane closures April 24th – September 1st between 7 am and 5 pm. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- US 36 between Berwick Drive and Dugan Road, road closure April 10th – July 10th. The official detour is: SR 814 to SR 296 to US 68.
- SR 274 between Staley Road and Wenger Road, road closure May 1st – 3rd. The official detour is: I-75 to SR 119 to SR 29 to SR 274
- SR 274 between SR 29 and Lucas-Geib Road, road closure May 4th – 9th. The official detour is: I-75 to SR 119 to SR 29 to SR 274
- SR 66 between Enterprise Drive and Greenback Road, road closure April 24th – May 23rd. The official detour is: SR 47 to I-75 to SR 29 to SR 705
Download our free WHIO news app which will send you notifications of major traffic issues and provide you with 24/7 updates on breaking news and weather.
Get a live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.