The Englewood Service Department began their annual leaf program today, which will continue through Nov. 27.
Pick up days vary, but crews will pick up leaves throughout the city at least once a week.
For leaf pickup:
- Rake your leaves into the street, approximately 6 inches from the gutter, to allow rain water to go into the catch basins
- Leaf pickup creates a fine dust in the air, so plan to wash cars or hang laundry outside after pickup in your area
- Leaves will not be picked up from under, between or around parked cars
- Do not put grass clippings, tree branches or brush with your leaves as they clog the vacuum units and will not be picked up
- Do not try to rake while trucks are going by
- Bagged leaves will be collected during normal trash pickup
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.