» WHAT TO KNOW: Celebrate the royal wedding with a brunch fit for royals here in Dayton
2. HER GRANDMOTHER ALSO GREW UP IN OHIO
Markle’s grandmother, Jeanette Arnold, also grew up in Cleveland. Netty and Arnold raised several children in the Ohio city. Jeanette Arnold married twice in Cleveland. Her second husband, Alvin Ragland, was the father of Doria Ragland — Markle’s mother.
» ROYAL WEDDING: Meghan Markle: 7 things to know
3. SO, WAS MARKLE BORN IN CLEVELAND?
No. Shortly after Doria Ragland's birth, the family moved from Cleveland to Los Angeles. Markle was born in Los Angeles in 1981, according to The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
FIVE FAST READS
• With a harsh hurricane season expected, how do storms get named?
• Salmonella outbreak: 5 times food-borne illnesses wreaked havoc in Ohio
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house