This spring, Air Force Materiel Command will promote its Ready, Set, Summer Physical Activity Challenge. The RSS challenge is a command-wide initiative designed to promote physical activity for the workforce.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important actions that people of all ages can take to improve their health. Being physically active can help people feel better, function better, sleep better and reduce the risk of many chronic diseases. Civilian Health Promotion Services is conducting the RSS challenge.
Participants who enroll in the RSS challenge will receive a free set of Stack 52 flexibility exercise cards at the official check-in with CHPS. The Stack 52 flexibility cards have links to online demonstration videos of each exercise.
How to participate in RSS:
• Enroll online at AFMCwellness.com until April 30 (Federal civilians need to have an up-to-date health risk assessment to participate).
• Print your RSS confirmation email and complete an initial check-in with CHPS between April 15 -30 to finalize enrollment and receive your free Stack 52 Flexibility Exercise Cards.
• Perform physical activity and log your minutes on the AFMCwellness.com-activity log from April 22 to June 7.
• Attend the CHPS education class, “Injury Prevention”, between April 22 and June 7.
• Attend a final check-out with CHPS between June 10-19 to receive your completion award.
To be eligible for the completion award, each participant will need to:
* Attend both enrollment check-in and completion check-out with CHPS;
* Complete and log at least 600 total minutes (10 hours) of physical activity;
* Attend “Injury Prevention” class from CHPS staff at 904-9359.
Participants who complete the Ready, Set, Summer challenge requirements will receive a free Gaiam pinpoint massager from CHPS. Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe for you.
For more information, visit AFMCwellness.com/or contact your local CHPS team.