Pamela Mickle

Surveillance video: Man run over by truck at Xenia Moose Lodge

Surveillance video released to this news organization today shows a man being run over by a pickup truck in the parking lot of the Xenia Moose Lodge.

The Oct. 25 incident has led to an indictment against the alleged driver, 54-year-old Pamela Mickle.

A grand jury has indicted her on aggravated vehicular assault; operating a vehicle while under the influence; felonious assault and failing to stop after an accident, according to court records.

>> Election results slow, then change in Greene County

Mickle, of Xenia, has been issued a summons to appear for an arraignment Nov. 22 in Judge Stephen Wolaver’s courtroom, according to the records.

Xenia police released surveillance video showing the incident, in which a man is seen walking backwards away from the front of a moving Chevy pickup truck. The truck then strikes  and runs over the victim, and witnesses can be seen running to his aid.

According to the Xenia police report, Mickle drove away after striking the victim and officers found her a short time later at her home on June Drive. 

Mickle admitted to what happened and drinking beer prior to leaving the Moose Lodge on Cincinnati Avenue, according to the report.

Police said Mickle told the officers, “There was a guy in front of me and I hit him,” adding that she “freaked out” and went home.

Mickle admitted to drinking a beer at Rooster’s restaurant before having four beers at the lodge, according to the report.

Police said she failed a field sobriety test that was administered at her home. She later registered a .129 blood-alcohol content level on a breath test prior to being booked into the Greene County Jail, according to the report. 

The victim, Matthew Moore, and his wife, Missy, who was also on the scene, spoke to News Center 7’s Gabrielle Enright about the incident.

“I remember going up underneath it, and then waking up in the ICU,” Matthew Moore said. 

STAY CONNECTED: Greene County News on Facebook

Missy Moore said her husband suffered a number of injuries, including skull fractures, brain bleeds, broken facial bones and ruptured eardrums.

“I thought I was going to lose my husband … I did for two or three days,” Missy said.

The Moores said they don’t know why it happened. 

“I understand accidents happen. I’m all about forgiving, but I remember her looking at me right in the face and hitting the gas,” Matthew Moore said. 

Mickle has posted bond and is not currently in custody.


Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.