“We really can use the money,” Markle said.
The Art Central Foundation received a $5,000 grant to support its Artists @ Work program, said Sue Wittman, director. She said the ACF is supported through grants, fundraisers and donations from individuals and companies.
A grant from the MCF is “special,” she said, because it comes from a local organization supported by local residents.
Wittman said the Artists @ Work program provides a studio at the Pendleton Art Center for the students to work and sell their wares. She said about 20 students participate in the program.
The next grant cycle deadline is 5 p.m. June 1.
Additional grants were awarded to the following:
- Downtown Middletown Inc.: $5,000 event sponsorship for Hocus Pocus Halloween
- Edgewood Band Boosters: $2,000 for a new amplifier
- Fenwick Association for Musical Arts: $4,000 for new instruments
- Friends of MetroParks: $1,000 for bicycle repair stations along bike trail
- Miami University Regionals: $2,000 for "Perk Up Middletown"
- Middletown Arts Festival: $2,500 for event sponsorship
- Middletown Civic Chorus: $800 for 2019 production of Handel's "Messiah"
- Middletown Historical Society: $2,000 for improvements to Canal Museum
- SORG: $10,000 for season sponsorship
- Warren County Theater Project: $2,000 for "I Will Wait" performance