WATCH: Baseball bat attack of teen girl caught on camera, woman arrested

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

A woman was arrested Monday after she was accused of hitting a 13-year-old girl with a baseball bat in Dayton and the alleged incident was captured on video.

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

A woman was arrested Monday after she was accused of hitting a 13-year-old girl with a baseball bat, according to a Dayton Police Department report obtained by this newsroom.

Explore>>Live Doppler 7 Radar

The attack was captured on cell phone video shortly after 7:30 p.m. Monday, outside an apartment complex in the 3600 block of Otterbein Ave. in Dayton.

>>TRENDING: Chicken at local fair dies of herpes virus

The mother of the teen attacked contacted our newsroom and said her daughter was not seriously injured, but she added the extent of injuries doesn’t matter and feels something needs to be done about a child being hit several times in the head with a metal bat.

Baseball Attack
Baseball Attack

ExplorePREVIOUS STORY: Police: Woman strikes 13-year-old girl with baseball bat in Dayton

This newsroom was able to obtain the cell phone video of the attack recorded by an eyewitness who posted it on Facebook.  Police also have the same video.

Officers were sent to the area Monday after receiving a 9-1-1 call. The caller told the dispatcher, “she was coming back home from the park and I guess a lady and her daughter jumped on her around the corner and hit her in the head with a metal bat and stuff.”

The caller also told the dispatcher the group of women and teens involved had previous arguments with each other.

Police arrested Latasha McCleskey, 33, on charges of felonious assault, according to the police report. McCleskey is seen in the cell phone video wearing all black clothing.

She was booked in to the Montgomery County Jail on charges of felonious assault, but she has not been formally charged by the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office, according to court records.

McCleskey was no longer in jail Friday when we checked jail records.

The incident remains under investigation by Dayton Police.

About the Author