A KKK group’s planned rally on Saturday will result in bus detours, street closures and the closure of the downtown Dayton Metro Library.
So far, here is a list of what is closed. We will continue to add to the list as more information is available.
- Ludlow Street, between Second and Fourth streets, and the intersection of Main and Third streets will be shut down on Thursday, May 23
- All streets surrounding Courthouse Square will be blocked Friday, May 24 at about 7 p.m.
- The Greater Dayton RTA will detour its buses because streets will be shut down during Saturday’s planned demonstrations. RTA buses will be detoured in downtown starting Thursday, when Ludlow St. closes.
- Wright Stop Plaza will be closed from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. The RTA bus hub is expected to reopen Sunday afternoon.
- The Dayton Metro Library’s flagship facility at 215 E. Third St. will be closed on Saturday because of safety concerns for patrons and staff
- Monument Avenue near RiverScape MetroPark will close Saturday at 10 a.m.
Citizens can learn more about Saturday’s rally by the Honorable Sacred Knights of Indiana by visiting www.daytonohio.gov/may25.
The Dayton Police Department also is asking the public to call 911 on Saturday if they see people in need of medical attention or other emergencies.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.