“I consider it a high, high honor,” she said. “I was so proud the day my dad received his degree, his passion for this university was so evident. And I believe I caught that passion too.”
Her great aunt and uncle, Ivonette Wright Miller and Horace Wright, received honorary degrees in 1981, and her father, Wilkinson Wright, was honored in 1999. The honorary degree is wonderful recognition of the volunteer work she has done at the university “just as my father and great aunt and uncle did before me,” she said.
Over the years, Wright Lane has remained involved with the university that bears her family’s namesake.
Wright Lane is currently co-chair of Discover Your Story: The Campaign for the Wright State University Archives Center. The $6.5 million fundraising campaign enable the Special Collections and Archives to move into the former Wright-Patt Credit Union building the school previously purchased.
FIVE FAST READS
• Fundraising email calling congresswoman a terrorist was sent in UD student’s name
• Trump touts manufacturing growth at Lima tank plant
• VA mistake forces veterans to seek help to pay bills
• Payroll Project: See how much Wright State’s top paid employees make
• Easton to anchor expansion with new store in 2019