They may be testing or disposing some explosive devices, according to the base public affairs office.
The loud booms from the explosives reportedly could be heard on base as well as nearby areas.
RELATED: 70th anniversary today for historical supersonic Yeager flight
Along with the noises from explosives, some area residents may also hear or see F-16 fighter jets overhead this week as the Ohio Air National Guard’s 180th Fighter Wing conducts night training flights.
The unit, based in Toledo, is expected to conduct night operations through Thursday. A spokeswoman for the Ohio Air National Guard said the flights could potentially use airspace across southwest Ohio, including the Springfield area.
FIVE FAST READS
• UD Marriott drops lawsuit against Wright State for canceled rooms
• JCPenney to hire 1,600 Ohio workers for holiday jobs on the spot today
• Ohio colleges see increase in reports of rape and sexual assaults
• Kroger planning big changes for hundreds of stores
• Wright State again planning to cut swimming and diving teams after this season