Here's a roundup of news trending across the nation and world today.
What to know now:
1. Soldiers killed, military planes crash: Five soldiers were killed and four are still missing after a US Army truck they were riding in was swept from a low-water crossing and overturned into a swollen creek at Fort Hood, Texas. The accident came after two high-profile military plane crashes happened just hours before. A Navy Blue Angels pilot was killed when his plane crashed during practice for a show in Tennessee, and an Air Force Thunderbirds jet that was part of the Air Force Academy graduation ceremony – where President Obama was speaking – crashed after a flyover of the school. The Thunderbirds pilot ejected from the plane and was only slightly injured.
2. Clinton speech: A speech Hillary Clinton's campaign said was to be about foreign policy issues turned instead into a full-on attack of presumptive Republican candidate Donald Trump. Clinton warned that Trump is "not just unprepared -- he's temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility." Clinton, speaking in California where she has seen her lead in the state's upcoming primary evaporate, repeatedly slammed Trump, at one point saying "We cannot put the safety of our children and grandchildren in Donald Trump's hands. We cannot let him roll the dice with America." Trump responded at a rally in San Jose Thursday night, "I watched Hillary today and it was pathetic. It was so sad to watch," Trump said. Trump is expected to respond further on Friday.
3. Trump supporters attacked: Hours after Clinton's speech in San Diego, Donald Trump supporters were attacked Thursday as they left a San Jose, Calif., rally for the Republican candidate. At least four people were arrested as punches and eggs were thrown. There were no reports of major injuries.
4. Bigfoot's head: A Utah man says he has found a fossilized head of the fabled creature Bigfoot. USA Today is reporting that Todd May says he found the 75-pound object while walking near his Ogden, Utah home. May said he often finds fossils in the area, but knew what he found was something special. Legend has it that Bigfoot, supposedly spotted in various parts of the United States for hundreds of years, is an apelike creature that walks upright like a human.
5. Ali ailing: Boxing icon Muhammad Ali is in a Arizona hospital suffering from a respiratory issue according to a family spokesman. Ali, who is 74 and has Parkinson's disease, is said to be in fair condition. "A brief hospital stay is expected," family spokesman Bob Gunnell wrote. "At this time, the Muhammad Ali family respectfully requests privacy."
And one more
A Minnesota medical examiner Thursday released the results of the autopsy on Prince. The singer died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, which he "self-administered," the report said. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid that is 50 to 100 times as potent as morphine. The singer was found dead in an elevator at his Minneapolis-area estate on April 21. He would have been 58 next week.