A new app, designed to take all of the Team Wright-Patt base resources you count on and put them in one, easy-to-use place, has launched in both the Apple App Store and Google Play and is available for immediate download.
Search for “USAF Connect” in your app store of choice and install (allow the app to access requested permissions; the app cannot be used to track your location, and it collects no personal data).
When prompted, select 88th Air Base Wing to add to your Favorites and swipe left from the USAF Connect home screen to view Team Wright-Patt. Users can Favorite up to 10 organizations, especially useful when on temporary assigned duty or deployments.
Some key features of the Team Wright-Patt app include:
• Full, filterable event calendar of a wide variety of base happenings, including all Force Support Squadron activities, Education Office, National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Air Force Marathon and 88th Air Base Wing events;
• Family, fitness and fun shortcuts for quick access to childcare information, gym hours and fun activities around base, including the latest movie schedule;
• Shopping shortcuts to find out the Exchange and Commissary information;
• Full phone directory with the ability to call directly from inside the app;
• Interactive map with dozens of support locations where you can find operating hours and even directly navigate to using your device’s mapping app;
• One-stop access to all of Wright-Patterson’s social media feeds;
• Push notifications for major base-wide events (not for emergency notifications);
• Even an Air Force Physical Readiness Test calculator.
Additionally, users can find the latest Wright-Patterson news and weather with links to all base organizations and references like the Outdoor Recreation price list, base fishing regulations, Flight Kitchen menu, Information, Tickets & Travel ticket listings, Air Force instructions and others.
“Information on all of our base’s great support activities has always been out there, but it’s never been so easy to find it all until the Team Wright-Patt app,” said Marie Vanover, director, Wright-Patterson AFB Installation Public Affairs. “I would encourage anyone with a tie to Wright-Patterson, or any of our partners, to download the app and try it out. Let us know what works and doesn’t. Above all else, we want it to be easy and helpful – a force multiplier for all Airmen, military and civilian.”
Team Wright-Patt is part of USAF Connect, an Air Force-wide mobile app designed to enable, engage and empower Airmen by centralizing and increasing access to the information they need for their careers.
Feedback on the Team Wright-Patt app can be sent to 88 ABW Public Affairs organizational box at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.