The latest teacher in this region to be convicted for having sex with a student is set be sentenced Tuesday.
The punishment awaiting former Miamisburg Middle School teacher Jessica Langford could range from probation to prison after a jury last month found her guilty of having sex in her classroom with a 14-year-old.
A recent investigation by this news organization into southwest Ohio teachers convicted of similar crimes showed a wide variation in punishments in such cases.
RELATED: Ex-teacher convicted of having sex with teen student touts ‘blemish-free’ record
Here are eight examples:
• 2010, Northeastern High School teacher: Anthony Parker was sentenced to 15 years in prison, but that sentence was later reduced. He pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual battery involving a girl, 16.
• 2011, Tecumseh Local Schools guidance counselor: Kristin Mastin was sentenced to five years' probation. She pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual battery involving a 16-year-old.
RELATED: State seeks maximum sentence in ex-Miamisburg teacher’s sex crime conviction
• 2011, Mason High School teacher: Stacy Schuler was sentenced to four years in prison, served more than 1 year. Schuler was convicted in bench trial on 16 felony counts of sexual battery involving multiple high school students.
• 2013, Wayne High School teacher: Kelsey Hartmann was sentenced to five years' probation. She pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual conduct with a minor after performing a sex act on a teen boy in her vehicle.
• 2013, Centerville High School teacher and girls golf coach: Michael Weaver was sentenced to five years' probation. He pleaded guilty to having sex with a student during the 2005-06 school year.
RELATED: NEW DETAILS: Report says student claim teacher showed erotic photo, gave gifts
• 2015, New Miami teacher: Justin Madden was sentenced to 93 months in prison minus time served. He entered guilty pleas to four felony charges involving two girls, 16 and 18.
• 2017, Fairfield High School teacher: Tyler Conrad was sentenced to 180 days in jail minus time served. He was convicted in a bench trial of sexual imposition and contributing to the delinquency of a minor involving a girl, 16.
• 2018, Fairmont High School substitute teacher: Madelyn Marx was sentenced to five years' probation. She pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual battery involving two males, 16 and 17.
MORE POPULAR ARTICLES ON THIS ISSUE:
RELATED: Sex cases with students swamp area schools
RELATED: Co-worker: Ex-Miamisburg teacher made odd requests in teen sex case
RELATED: Teen testifies he had sex with accused ex-Miamisburg teacher
RELATED: Guilty verdict: Things we’ve learned from the Miamisburg teacher trial
RELATED: Accused teacher seeks ‘escape routes’ in teen sex trial
RELATED: 9 concerns school had with teacher later convicted of teen sex crimes
RELATED: Job change loomed for ex-teacher accused of teen sex crimes
RELATED: Administrator: Teacher facing sex charges didn’t want to change buildings
RELATED: Records: School worried teacher flirted with students a year before sex charges