The ads have started, campaigns are heating up and we are getting closer to the November election.
Ohio voters will be choosing a new governor, statewide leaders, members of Congress and the General Assembly as well as county offices. There also is a state issue on the ballot as well as hundreds of tax levies and school issues.
You have until today, Oct. 9, to register to vote. You can register to vote online, in person at your county board of elections or by mail.
You also may ask a county board of elections or the Secretary of State’s office to mail a voter registration form to you.
You may obtain a voter registration form, and register to vote in person at any of the following locations:
- The office of the Secretary of State;
- The office of any of the 88 county boards of elections;
- The office of the registrar or any deputy registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles;
- Public libraries;
- Public high schools or vocational schools;
- County treasurers’ offices; or
- Offices of designated agencies, including:
- The Department of Job and Family Services;
- The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program);
- The Department of Mental Health;
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities; or
- The office of any state-assisted college or university responsible for providing assistance to students with disabilities.
When you have completed your voter registration form, please review it carefully for completeness and accuracy. You may either personally deliver, or send by U.S. Mail, your voter registration form to a county board of elections or the Secretary of State’s office. You, or another person acting on your behalf, also may deliver your application to one of the offices listed above, but you should ensure your application reaches the office of a board of elections or the Secretary of State no later than the voter registration deadline, the 30th day before the election for which you want to vote.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I register to vote?
- What is the registration deadline?
- Do I have to sign my voter registration form?
- What are my obligations to keep the board of elections informed of address or name changes?
- Do I declare my political party affiliation when I register?
- What happens after I submit my voter registration form?
- Can I check my voter information online?
- How do I cancel my voter registration?
Stay informed: Sign up for our Ohio Politics newsletter.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.