The board of trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. today to discuss a tentative agreement made late Sunday with the Wright State chapter of the American Association of University Professors.
Fecher said the board will reconvene in public session to vote on the deal which also needs approval from the AAUP-WSU. The AAUP-WSU plans to circulate a summary of the proposed contracts today which will last a combined total of five years.
The AAUP-WSU strike is thought to be the longest college faculty strike in Ohio’s history, having totaled 20 days by the time Sunday’s resolution was reached.
FIVE FAST READS
• Easton to anchor expansion with new store in 2019
• WSU may face more scrutiny despite deal on federal visa investigation
• Heating costs could spike this winter as natural gas prices increase
• EXPERT: Wright-Patterson ‘crucial to avoiding a defeat if there’s a World War III,’
• What UD’s change in its China Institute says about shifts in higher education