Another National Signing Day has arrived, and a handful of area football players are planning to make their college choices official on the first day of the early signing period.
Here is a look at who has verbally committed to a Division I college:
- Jayden Mays, Fairfield -- Army
- Ethan Tyla, Fairfield -- Southern Illinois
- Malik Verdon, Hamilton -- Iowa State
- Cameron Junior, Middletown -- Cincinnati
- Rod Moore, Northmont -- Michigan
- Markus Allen, Northmont -- Wisconsin
- Cade Rice, Northmont -- South Dakota State
- Lance Reaves-Hicks, Piqua -- Princeton
- Kaden Rogers, Ross -- Ohio
- Titan Case, Springboro -- Navy
- Ryan Iiams, Springboro -- Robert Morris
- Daylen Morgan, Trotwood-Madison -- Akron
- Dawson Hildebrand, Troy -- Bowling Green
- Cam Fancher, Wayne -- Marshall
Many more players around the area have garnered serious interest from colleges at both the FBS and FCS levels as well as Division II and III, but the coronavirus pandemic has had a major impact on recruiting in multiple ways.
Those include limiting opportunities for colleges to evaluate players in person and creating uncertainty about how many scholarships will be available in the coming years after the NCAA declared this season will not count toward a players’ eligibility clock.
Several area coaches have indicated they expect have multiple players looking to sign in February when the traditional signing period for football begins.
If you have someone to add to the list, email us at COPsports@coxinc.com.
About the Author