5. Lakota East (7-3): The Thunderbirds rocked rival Lakota West 33-21 last week, replacing the Firebirds in the Region 4 playoffs; at Springboro on Saturday.
Others: Centerville, Fairborn, Fairfield, Fairmont, Hamilton, Lakota West, Lebanon, Mason, Miamisburg, Middletown, Northmont, Springfield, Troy, Xenia.
1. Trotwood-Madison (8-2): The Rams made the Region 8 playoffs the hard way, overcoming a 1-2 start by winning their final seven. That secured a GWOC North title, but they'll open on the road at Mount Healthy (9-1) today.
2. Franklin (9-1): The Wildcats also have won seven straight and are on an offensive roll, having scored 41 or more points in three of their last four games; host Northwest (8-2) today.
3. Tecumseh (8-2): Arrows claimed the final No. 8 spot in Region 7 and needed a Week 10 defeat of Kenton Ridge to do that. They'll take a six-game win streak to Dresden Tri-Valley (10-0) near Zanesville today.
4. Edgewood (8-2): Cougars are on a three-game win streak and secured a No. 7 spot in Region 8 by handing Mount Healthy its only loss; at Winton Woods (7-3) today.
5. Tippecanoe (8-2): Red Devils, once 7-0, lost to Tecumseh and Shawnee in Weeks 8 and 10. That dropped them to the No. 8 position in Region 8, where they'll open the playoffs at Turpin (10-0) today.
Others: Bellbrook, Greenville, Kings, Little Miami, Piqua, Ross, Sidney, Stebbins, Talawanda, Vandalia Butler, West Carrollton.
1. Thurgood Marshall (9-1): Many great teams have come through the Cougars' program. Potentially, this could be the best. The Region 12 top seed hosts Circleville Logam Elm (6-4) at Welcome Stadium on Saturday.
2. Alter (8-1-1): Knights recovered from their only setback in Week 9 to Fenwick by edging rival CJ 17-15 to secure the No. 2 Region 12 seed. Host Springfield Shawnee (7-3) at Fairmont on Saturday.
3. Urbana (9-1): Hillclimbers take an eight-game win streak and the CBC Mad River title into their Region 10 playoff opener against visiting Sandusky Perkins (9-1) on Saturday.
4. Springfield Shawnee (7-3): The Braves won their final four to earn the No. 7 Region 12 seed. That avoided a playoff opener vs. Thurgood. Instead, they'll play Alter at Fairmont.
5. Kenton Ridge (6-4): The Cougars could have vaulted into the Region 12 playoffs by defeating Tipp and Tecumseh in Weeks 9-10. Instead, they lost both and must watch their CBC rivals move on.
Others: Bellefontaine, Carroll, Dunbar, Eaton, Graham, Meadowdale, Monroe, Oakwood.
1. Fenwick (8-2): Falcons won their last five and beat Alter and CJ in the same season for the first time in program history. But that couldn't prevent them from climbing higher than No. 6 in Region 16. They open the playoffs at Norwood (9-1) today.
2. Milton-Union (8-2): Bulldogs stayed in the No. 7 Region 16 slot and take a two-game win streak to Williamsport Westfall (9-1) today.
3. Carlisle (8-2): The Indians lost only to Franklin (9-1) and M-U (8-2) and didn't come close to the postseason, landing at No. 10 in Region 16. Finishing with four straight wins and a 31-7 Week 10 thumping of playoff-bound Dixie will have to do.
4. Waynesville (7-3): The Spartans lost only to unbeaten Clinton-Massie (10-0), Carlisle (8-2) in OT and M-U (8-2).
5. Chaminade Julienne (6-4): The Eagles dropped three of their final four games and never recovered from a season-ending knee injury to RB Brandon Payne and lingering injuries to FB/LB Darrien Howard.
Others: Badin, Brookville, Greeneview, Greenon, Madison, Northeastern, Northridge, Northwestern, Ponitz Tech, Preble Shawnee, Valley View.
1. Coldwater (10-0): As if the Cavaliers need reminding, its sizable senior class has been to three straight state title games. This could be the season that they finally add a championship to their collection.
2. Covington (10-0): A high-scoring offense that hasn't been stopped and a shut-down defense that has yielded seven points or less are all that the Buccs have going for them. Host Dixie (7-3) in a Region 5 opener on Saturday.
3. West Liberty-Salem (10-0): The Tigers are the OHC version of the CCC's Covington. A convincing 34-7 defeat of Triad in Week 10 secured a conference title. Host Dayton Christian (10-0) in a great Region 20 matchup on Saturday.
4. Dayton Christian (10-0): Credit an expansive Region 20 area for yet another perfect team. It's the first time for the Warriors to make the postseason and they have the ultimate wildcard in RB Heath Harding, who has 5,000 career rushing yards.
5. Miami East (7-3): The Vikings won their last three and rocked Bradford 33-14 in Week 8 to edge West Jefferson for the No. 8 position in Region 20. Their reward is a first-round game at Coldwater on Saturday.
Others: Anna, Bethel, Dixie, Miami East, National Trail, Triad, Twin Valley South, Versailles.
1. Marion Local (8-2): The MAC is a grind; now the fun begins for the Flyers. Anyone want to bet that Local doesn't play in Week 15?
2. Minster (8-2): The Wildcats aren't quite back to their glory days, but this is the next best thing. A No. 2 Region 24 seed, they'll host Tri-County North (7-3) today.
3. Fort Loramie (8-2): The Redskins just missed a Region 24 home game but take a five-game win streak to St. Henry (7-3) today.
4. St. Henry (7-3): The Redskins earned that home game by winning their final three games.
5. Bradford (8-2): The No. 8 seeded Railroaders will go as far as RB James Canan can carry them. That starts at Marion Local today.
Others: Ansonia, Arcanum, Cedarville, Central Catholic, Cin. Christian, Fort Recovery, Jefferson, Lehman Catholic, Mississinawa Valley, New Bremen, New Miami, Southeastern, Tri-County North.
COMPILED BY STAFF WRITER MARC PENDLETON