Here are the five guys who have a serious shot taking home the Memorial Tournament trophy.
1. Justin Rose is coming off a win at the Fort Worth Invitational last week. The Englishman won at Muirfield in 2010, and he’s one of five players with two wins on the PGA Tour this season.
2. Jason Day has the home-course advantage, the Australian now lives in Columbus and is a member at Muirfield Village. Day is also a two-time winner in 2018 and leads the PGA Tour in putting.
3. Dustin Johnson has never had much success at Muirfield. His best finish in 10 tries was third in 2016, but with his length off the tee his name always finds its way to a list of contenders.
4. Justin Thomas vaulted over Johnson to claim the top spot in the world ranking earlier this month, and he’s also a two-time winner on Tour this year. The winner of eight career titles, Thomas has five top-10 finishes and more than $5 million in prize money in 2018.
5. Last, but not least, for the left-handed nation let’s put Bubba Watson in this conversation. Also a two-time winner this year, if Watson can keep it in the fairway, he is a guy who should be in the hunt come Sunday afternoon.
The final two rounds of the Memorial Tournament will be live on WHIO-TV on Saturday (3-6 p.m.) and Sunday (2:30-6 p.m.).