The Dayton Flyers will play Mississippi on Dec. 19 at UD Arena, the schools announced Monday.
UD and Ole Miss originally planned to play the game in Chicago.
Last week, Dayton Athletic Director Neil Sullivan said the Ole Miss game was off the schedule “due to some complications with the coronavirus and the facilities.” He said it was too early to say if UD and Ole Miss would find another place to play.
“That’s a top-50 game that we’ll continue to work on,” Sullivan said at the time.
» OFFSEASON UPDATE: Sullivan not making any predictions about fall/winter sports
The game this season starts a two-game series. Dayton will play in Oxford in the 2021-22 season.
The Rebels finished 15-17 last season and graduated leading scorer Breein Tyree.
The Southeastern Conference continues to be a reliable schedule partner for UD. It's been the only power conference to consistently send teams to Dayton in recent years.
The Flyers also will play Mississippi State on Dec. 12 at State Farm Arena in Atlanta as part of a four-game Hoopsgiving event.
Dayton is 26-20 against the SEC in its history, and a number of those games have taken place in the last 10 years. Not counting neutral-court games in exempt tournaments against Georgia, Texas A&M and Auburn, Dayton has played eight home-and-home series against six different teams from the SEC since the 2010-11 season.
Here's a rundown of those games:
• Dayton lost 73-60 at home to Auburn in November 2017 and lost 82-72 at Auburn in December 2018.
• Mississippi State beat Dayton 61-59 in December 2017 in Starkville, Miss., and won 65-58 at Dayton in November 2018.
• Dayton beat Alabama 80-48 at UD Arena in November 2015 and beat the Crimson Tide 77-72 in Tuscaloosa in November 2016.
» 2016 STORY: Ranking UD’s wins vs. SEC
• Dayton beat Vanderbilt 72-67 in Nashville, Tenn., in December 2015 and won 68-63 at UD Arena in December 2016.
• Dayton lost 69-55 at Arkansas in December 2014 and beat the Razorbacks 85-81 in overtime at UD Arena in December 2015.
• Dayton won 83-80 in overtime at Ole Miss in January 2014 and beat the Rebels 78-74 in Dayton the following December.
• Dayton beat Alabama 74-62 in Dayton in December 2011 and won 81-76 in Tuscaloosa in December 2012.
• Dayton and Ole Miss also played in November 2010 and December 2011, with Dayton winning the first game on the road 78-71 and then winning 62-50 a year later in Dayton.