The latest edition of the Derek Dietrich Show entertained fans at Great American Ball Park on Tuesday.
» SHORTSTOP STANDOUT: Daily routine keeps Iglesias sharp
Filling in at first base for Joey Votto, who missed the game with a sore hamstring, Dietrich hit a a two-run home run in the fourth inning, another two-run home run in the fifth and a third two-run home run in the seventh to carry the Cincinnati Reds to a 10-0 lead against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the third game of a four-game series.
Here are five fun facts about Dietrich’s first two months in a Reds uniform:
1. Career high: With 17 home runs, he has tied the career high he set last season when he hit 16 in 551 plate appearances with the Miami Marlins. He has 17 home runs in 118 plate appearances this season.
2. Productive games: This was his third multi-home run game of the season and his second against the Pirates. It was his first career three home run game.
3. Exclusive club: Dietrich became the 28th player in Reds history to hit at least three home runs in a game. The feat has been accomplished 35 times.
» LOOKING BACK: Dietrich steals spotlight on Opening Day
4. Favorite team: Dietrich has seven home runs and 14 RBIs against the Pirates in eight games.
5. Team leader: Dietrich leads the team in home runs, even though he has 83 fewer at-bats than Eugenio Suarez, who ranks second with 14 home runs. Dietrich moved into a tie for third place in the National League.