• In December 2018, the remaining members of the Greater Western Ohio Conference (Beavercreek, Centerville, Fairmont, Miamisburg, Northmont, Springboro, Springfield and Wayne) announced it will dismiss Trotwood-Madison following the 2019-20 school year.
»» RELATED: Preble Shawnee leaving SWBL
• In November 2018, Lebanon announced it would leave the GWOC and join an expanded Eastern Cincinnati Conference, along with Cincinnati Winton Woods and Little Miami.
»» FACEBOOK: For more sports you should like Marc Pendleton
»» TWITTER: You should like @MarcPendleton
• In the fall of 2018, London and North Union joined the Central Buckeye Conference in all sports but football.
• In February 2018, 10 GWOC schools (Butler, Fairborn, Greenville, Piqua, Sidney, Stebbins, Tippecanoe, Troy, West Carrollton and Xenia) announced they would leave to form a revised Miami Valley League in the fall of 2019.
• In the fall of 2017, Greenon left the CBC to join the Ohio Heritage Conference, along with West Jefferson.
• In the fall of 2016, Tippecanoe and Stebbins left the CBC to join the GWOC. Also, Madison Plains and Fairbanks joined the OHC.
»» GIRLS HOOP: Regional schedule
»» BOYS HOOP: Springfield dodges Sidney
Preble Shawnee, located at Camden in Preble County, has been a SWBL member since 1984 and is in the small-school SWBL Buckeye Division. Prior to joining the SWBL, Preble Shawnee was a CCC member.
Preble Shawnee leaving would cut the SWBL to 13 teams, six in the Buckeye Division (Carlisle, Dixie, Middletown Madison, Milton-Union, Northridge and Waynesville) and seven in the Southwestern Division (Bellbrook, Brookville, Eaton, Franklin, Monroe, Oakwood and Valley View).
»» GIRLS HOOP: Centerville rebounds with KO of Lakota West
»» GIRLS HOOP: Carroll, Franklin, Valley View sweep
The SWBL requires a one-year notice to leave.
“For now, we will continue to work with the eleven schools to create a new premier athletic conference in Western Ohio,” the statement concluded.
»» RELATED: All-Southwestern District teams
»» GIRLS HOOP: All-Southwest District teams
»» BOYS HOOP: All-Southwest District teams
»» BOYS HOOP: Fairmont finds new life in postseason
»» BOYS HOOP: Thurgood Marshall advances in D-II
»» BOYS HOOP: Miamisburg, Centerville advance
»» BOYS HOOP: Three great shots at Mr. Basketball
»» BOYS HOOP: Trotwood-Madison D-II state poll champ
»» BOYS HOOP: Final state poll rankings
»» BOYS HOOP: Northridge shines in SWBL spotlight
»» GIRLS HOOP: Final state polls
»» BOYS HOOP: CJ coach to retire after boys basketball season
»» BOYS HOOP: Xenia hot-shot goes for 52 points