»FACEBOOK LIVE: Hartsock and Pendleton on football playoffs
Northmont (10-1) is paired against defending D-I state champ Pickerington Central (9-2) at Springfield on Friday. Springfield (9-2) gets top-seeded Hilliard Davidson (10-1) at London. Should both Northmont and Springfield win, they would be rematched in a regional final. Central defeated Northmont 41-21 in a playoff opener last season.
»TWITTER: You should like @MarcPendleton
»RELATED: Alter dodges Cin. Mt. Healthy
• Troy is on an outstanding 28-5 three-season run under coach Matt Burgbacher, all of which produced playoff teams. Troy (10-1) is looking to extend that success against familiar foe Cincinnati Anderson (8-3) at Miamisburg on Friday.
Anderson knocked Troy out in the first round last season 33-0 and Troy did the same to Anderson in the 2016 opener, 41-35.
»PHOTOS: Alter vs. Cin. Mt. Healthy, football playoffs
»RELATED: Northmont leads GWOC reps in D-I, Region 3
• The Greater Catholic League Co-Ed has three teams in D-III, Region 12. Alter (10-1) plays Badin (8-3) in a rematch at Middletown’s Barnitz Stadium on Friday. The other semi is Fenwick (9-2) vs. Wapakoneta (10-1) at Piqua.
Alter has mounted a 10-game win streak and beat Badin 17-7 in Week 8 of the regular season.
• London (10-1) is next up to take the Clinton-Massie (10-1) challenge (D-IV, Region 16) at Miami Trace on Saturday. Massie is the defending D-IV state runner-up and appears headed to a regional final showdown against unbeaten and top-ranked Cincinnati Wyoming.
»RELATED: Final football power rankings
»RELATED: Alter football state poll champs
• Madison (11-0) plays Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (9-2) at Lakota East on Saturday (D-V, Region 20). The Mohawks need two more wins to match last year’s squad.
The other semi is Greeneview (10-1) vs. Wheelersburg (10-1) at Chillicothe. It’s the forth time in the last five seasons the Rams have gone two games deep into the playoffs, but not further.
»RELATED: Final football state polls
»RELATED: Football playoffs by the numbers
• Might as well label D-VI, Region 24 with a Midwest Athletic Conference stamp. Coldwater (9-2) plays St. Henry (9-2) at Sidney on Friday in a rematch of a Week 9 game that St. Henry won, 28-10. Defending D-VI state champ Marion Local (10-1) gets Lima Central Catholic (9-1) in the other semi at Wapakoneta.
»RELATED: Week 10 football rewind
»PHOTOS: Northmont at Miamisburg, Week 10 football
• Yet another MAC rep, defending D-VII state champ Minster (8-3), gets top billing in D-VII, Region 28 against Convoy Crestview (10-1) at Wapakoneta on Saturday. The other semi is Fort Loramie (10-1) vs. Lehman Catholic (8-3) at Piqua. Minster handed Loramie its only loss in the season opener, 34-14.
»PHOTOS: Fairmont at Wayne, Week 8 football
»PHOTOS: Miamisburg at Lebanon, Week 8 football
»PHOTOS: Springfield at Northmont, Week 7 football
»PHOTOS: Oakwood at Brookville, Week 6 football
»PHOTOS: Fairmont at Miamisburg, Week 6 football
»PHOTOS: Northmont at Wayne, Week 5 football